Tuesday, December 22, 2009

An oldie, but a good oldie


That night

What we had that night...
The snow fell as if stars were
gently falling to rest on your eyebrows.
I took your hand in mine on that bridge
My fingers were numb and couldn't feel but
were happy just because they embraced yours in the cold.

We both sniffled in the cold
and smiled at the irony that we wouldn't
dream of being anywhere else, if not together.
Not may words were said, as if I could speak,
my tongue tied itself in knots when
my eyes saw the moonlight reflected in yours.

What master planner planted mistletoe above us?
I would've thanked them had my lips
not been busied with tradition.
What I would give to go back to when
we slow danced on that bridge as the snow fell around us,
when we had each other that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment