Saturday, January 16, 2010

Flabbergasted


My dear, you appear to be broken
but it's the rarest case as the look
on your face would say it's just your
body, and not at all your mind or soul

But why, I ponder?
When yonder sits this face
emulating sunshine rays while
to most these would seem troubling,
dark days indeed.

Why would you speak with hope in
your voice? When a more sensible choice
would be to shut inside oneself?

As a cynic, a poet I've come to
believe I know it all concerning people
and life, as well as the strife accompanying
these things. But you are a girl, you're just this
beautiful girl and already you know more of
life's tricky hands than I hope I ever might.

What business have I? To layabout
inside, to sneer and make snide remarks to
others and God when you can't feel your toes?
How do you smile? Plainly speak and smile all
the while knowing numbing pains others can't
begin to comprehend.

I want to be angry for you, yet you don't seem angry.
I want to care for you, but you've gotten along well
enough without me so far.
I want to know you, I want to fit you in a stanza, but
I can't seem to understand you.

No comments:

Post a Comment